POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wip needs help : Re: wip needs help Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wip needs help
From: ryan constantine
Date: 14 Sep 2000 06:58:24
Message: <39C0ACB5.92C400D9@yahoo.com>
> > ertl/amt makes plastic model kits.  i used their model as the basis for
> > my xwing, using dial calipers to measure the parts, but comparing to
> > pics from the movies to make up for problems in the model.
> At B squared they said you couldn't trust these kits, so I didn't even think
> about looking at one.
> Another reason I didn't might be that I don't have one...

right, they can't be trusted, but there are enough accurization websites
out there to tell you exactly what is wrong and how to fix them.  the
xwing is probably one of their least screwed up.  the falcon is really
close, except for a few big mistakes.

> > >  But It shouldn't be too
> > > difficult to scale it to 1unit=1 meter.
> >
> > my xwing was roughly a meter=unit, but had to scale it a little in the
> > end to make it longer.  i knew the overall length, and i knew my
> > proportions were correct, so i just made a box the right length and then
> > made sure it barely fit inside length wise.
>
> What size should I use for the Falcon?  25m is too small, but 35m is too big
> I think.

if 35m is what b squared says, i'd do it!  i think the overal multiplier
he gave was 40% larger, which is 35m right?

> > > I think I have about everything I need to finish it.  Maybe a more
> detailed
> > > picture of the bottom (for the armor-plating)
> >
> > i have a huge one of the bottom straight on.  want me to email it to
> > you?
> It's possible that's the one I already have, but If it's not to big (-500KB)
> you can email it.
> unless someone else wants it too, then it might be a better idea to post it
> here.

> Good luck!  It'll be very difficult to make the exact same explosion!
> I think after the Falcon is finished (next year?) I'll finish my
> StarDestroyer.  Have you already seen it?

nope.  haven't seen it.