POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wip needs help : Re: wip needs help Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:28:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wip needs help
From: ryan constantine
Date: 13 Sep 2000 22:51:07
Message: <39C03B58.EC9C3713@yahoo.com>
here are the settings for the blue, if you'd like more, let me know.

color is .179,.171,.517
normal is granite with .01 for bump depth and bumpsize
in finish, ambient is zero, diffuse is .4, brilliance is 1, phong zero,
specular 0.9, roughness 0.05, reflection is on and set to 0.1, metallic
is on with influence of 1.2.  that is all.  any ideas about my
problems?  i was going to use blurred reflection and one other megapov
feature, but i'm not sure i need to.  on the other hand, maybe it would
help with the problem i'm having.

if anyone would like the model, the mdl should fit on this server, and
i'm sure the pov file can't be too big since it parses in no time at
all.  i gave a copy to lutz, but he hasn't had time to update the
website.  i also gave him the texture libraries for r2 and the xwing.  i
even gave him the original texture i used to make r2d2's head.  it was
1000 lines long in pov code (mostly because moray doesn't let you
reference other textures), and i used it to turn his head into an image
which i now use as a material map and a bump map.

> First of all, very nice work! :) (My son says, "Awesome Rolex!") heh

thanks, although i don't think i'm quite there yet <g>