POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wip needs help : wip needs help Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  wip needs help
From: ryan constantine
Date: 13 Sep 2000 14:15:25
Message: <39BFC330.499E0C1D@yahoo.com>
the really bright areas on r2's head goes right up to the shadow line.
why?  i don't think it should.  plus, the shadow line is rather harsh on
the head as well. i think it should be more gradual.  the songle light
source has magnintude of color*2.  is that my problem?  you can see in
the closeup that only the blue on the head has the sharp shadow, but in
the farther pic, the whole head has the sharp shadow.  i need to
decrease my error bound for radiosity.  notice a blue chunk is missing
from the middle of his leg.  that leg is a negative copy of the right
leg, but the right leg doesn't have that part missing.  any ideas why?
also, you can see in the closeup, my original tracks, then my second
version.  i have a third version that looks better.  any other
comments/suggestions/critisism?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'r2d2messeduptracks.jpg' (112 KB) Download 'r2d2s33pre3.jpg' (70 KB)

Preview of image 'r2d2messeduptracks.jpg'
r2d2messeduptracks.jpg

Preview of image 'r2d2s33pre3.jpg'
r2d2s33pre3.jpg