POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu) : Re: Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Sep 2000 03:53:17
Message: <39BF32AC.B1026DC4@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Kari Kivisalo wrote:

> I have a theory on why these changes were necessary to produce more
> pleasing image than the "scientific settings".

[...]

Sounds reasonable (although i *try* to judge realism from comparing to reality
and not to photos). What we should not forget is, that the "scientific settings"
are only a simplified mathematical model for reality, that maybe produces good
results in many cases but that is far from being perfect.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>