POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu) : Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 12 Sep 2000 15:31:39
Message: <39BE8414.E6634119@inapg.inra.fr>
Disclaimer : this scene has no artistical merit whatsoever. It's ugly,
but it's just a test for a radiosity setup that could be acceptable for
a "real" interior scene.
It uses some of the recently gained radiosity knowledge posted in this
group (Arnold settings and outdoors lighting particularly). There's only
one light source, coming from the window. Everything else is indirect
lighting. Balancing the light was difficult. I ended up raising the
brightness to 2 and lowering the Kari Kivisalo light intensity.
Assumed_gamma is 1. It took 4 hours to render on a PIII 733 at 800*600
aa 0.3.

Some of the radiosity effects are really OK. Vicky's face is nicely lit,
and there's even a backlit effect on her right arm. The shadow of the
chair on the left seems good too. On the bad side, there are quite a
number of radiosity artifacts visible on the right wall and on Vicky's
face and right foot (note : raising the recursion level to 2 had
appalling effects on Vicky so I left it to 1). Also, I had to add
reflection to the chairs to make them look better, which lets me think
that one last thing to improve in Megapov radiosity is it's ability to
react like a regular light with some of  the texture properties
(highlights). I didn't try to "cheat" with light groups or area lights
to fix that, though I'll do it probably on a real pic.

Credits : Victoria is the hi-detail Poser girl from Zygote (dress by
Catherine Todd). The chairs and the library are available on my website
(when it works). The wallpaper is just terrible.
The whole scene (but big Vicky who weights around 15 Mb) is posted on
p.b.s-f.

G.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: