POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cracked Sphere (~41kbbu) : Re: Cracked Sphere (~41kbbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cracked Sphere (~41kbbu)
From: Josh English
Date: 12 Sep 2000 11:33:04
Message: <39BE4CC1.7171BE8A@spiritone.com>
If you are using a normal pattern it won't show up inside the sphere, just the
surface. To simulate a crack you might be able to find an isosurface than can be
sutracted from the glass. Failing that, you need to cut the globe into two
pieces like to did before, but leave them right next to eachother so the broked
surface runs through the entire globe.

It does look good. It reminds me of some marble images someone posted a long
time ago

Josh

--
Josh English -- Lexiphanic Lethomaniac