POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Because I can : Re: Because I can Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:28:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Because I can
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 11 Sep 2000 21:10:52
Message: <39BD816D.A8075E03@attglobal.net>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

> "Bob Hughes" <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote :
> >
> > Real neat.
>
>     Thanks!
>
> > If Dave Blandston can manage to fix up a Basic program array converted to
> > POV script array then we'll be able to do galactic collisions using glow.
> > And if he can't figure it out hopefully someone else can.  I haven't given
> > up entirely myself either.
>
>     Hmmm... I saw some sort of galactic collision mpeg somewhere... I can't
> imagine the render times.

Someone posted a link a few months back in p.o-t. of a simulation of the
collision between the Milky Way and Andromeda.  IIRC it took months of
calculations on a few Crays to do it.

--
Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
     flabreq      | terrestrial intelligence is that they never