POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Mediocre Ice Planet :-( [73k?] : Re: Mediocre Ice Planet :-( [73k?] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mediocre Ice Planet :-( [73k?]
From: David Fontaine
Date: 11 Sep 2000 18:36:00
Message: <39BD5D33.1018120C@faricy.net>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> In general i like the composition, but one of the vehicles more in foreground
> would be good.  Maybe consider placing the sunlight lower so the shadows become
> a bit longer.

That's what I was thinking, but my snow gets awfully dark. I'd increase ambient but
first I'd have to fix the color problem. (White lighting I guess :-/ )

> I also wonder about the stripes on the terrain, some large scale turbulence
> would be good.

Yup, like I said it's T_Stone13, I may just make my own.

> > I think these vehicles look suited to ice, whereas I put them in snow.
> > Perhaps I should scrap half my work and split the components into two
> > different scenes.
>
> I think they look quite good for snow if it's not too deep.  Some traces
> implying movement of vehicles would be nice.

Also what I was thinking, but sounds like a lot of work, or a lot of work for the
computer with a nice little trace() macro :) Will differencing a bunch of little
tire marks from an RMF cuase a huge slowdown?

--
David Fontaine   <dav### [at] faricynet>   ICQ 55354965
Please visit my website:  http://davidf.faricy.net/