POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alcove, The second rendition (65K) : Re: Alcove, The second rendition (65K) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alcove, The second rendition (65K)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 11 Sep 2000 05:33:50
Message: <39BCA73B.BFB69B3F@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Thomas Lake wrote:

> Well after playing around with this image in MegaPov for a while, trying
> many many radiosity settings, I gave up. But I have improved the image
> in regular Pov. The JPEG compression really hurts the gradient sky
> outside, I guess because JPEG is harder on the blue spectrum.

That doesn't look bad, although i wonder why megapov radiosity did not work. If
you would post a render with megapov, we could maybe see what's wrong.

The sky seems like sunset, but from the shadows you can conclude that the sun is
quite high.  Furthermore I still think, that the light source should be
brighter.

Anyway, it's still a nice scene.

Christoph

--