POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blobscape : Re: Blobscape Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobscape
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 10 Sep 2000 04:50:39
Message: <39BB4B99.B0C4614D@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
> Doug Eichenberg wrote:
>
> This is my first test run of a macro I wrote to generate "blobscapes."
> This one is a single blob composed of 763200 spheres.
>
> Peak memory used: 247 Meg
> Parse time: 40 minutes 39 seconds
> Trace time: 4 hours 38 minutes 2 seconds
> (640x480 no aa no radiosity)
>
> I think I may have succeeded in creating the most innofficient,
> memory-and-time-consuming macro ever.

Doesn't look bad at all, but isosurfaces are probably more effective for such a
thing.  It would not be slower in many cases, and has nearly no parsing time and
memory requirements.

How did you place the blob components? eval_pigment?

BTW, please don't post html next time.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>