POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Major bug in MegaPOV Plus? : Re: books Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: books
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 9 Sep 2000 02:01:32
Message: <39B9D23B.C61AD57C@geocities.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> > you will have to get most of them sooner or later anyway ;-)
>
>  ...and I know I will. :-)
> Especially graphics and algorithms books, all I have are "introduction
> to C/C++/Java" books and one good C++ intro/reference book(C++ Primer
> Plus, which does cover the STL, just in a somewhat incomprehensible way
> for someone who doesn't already use it).
> Hmm, maybe I can get my parents to pay for them...probably not.

Have you got

"Code Complete" - Steve McConnell

"The Mythical Man-Month" - Frederick P. Brooks Jr.  (anniversry edition)

"Peopleware" - Demarco & Lister

"Rapid Development" - Steve McConnell

"Extreme Programming Explained" - Kent Beck

Of those, I'd say the first two are a must for you for now, and the others
are for as you get time.