POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Two broken Blobs (Bug ?) (8KB) : Re: Two broken Blobs (Bug ?) (8KB) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two broken Blobs (Bug ?) (8KB)
From: J  Grimbert
Date: 8 Sep 2000 07:08:05
Message: <39B8C8A6.18DCE9B3@atos-group.com>
Peter Popov wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Sep 2000 22:30:02 +0200, Tor Olav Kristensen
> <tto### [at] onlineno> wrote:
>

> >Several combinations of threshold, strength
> >scaling and rotations seem to do this to my
> >blobs  :((
> >
> >Can anyone explain what is going in here.
> >See code below.
>
> Looks like a bug in the internal bounding hierarchy for the blob
> objects, as disabling it seems to fix the problem.

Agreed, at least for the bug coming from the bounding hierarchy.
I did not try to disable it, I find the bug instead.

> I hope this gives enough insight to those who know where to look for
> the bug in the source code.

Bug found, and a correction has now been proposed in povray.general

(and I even made a web page in french about it, but you'd better be patient
or have a T1 connection (lot of pictures))
http://grimbert.cjb.net/pov/correct/blob.html

Have a nice day!