POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Happy Tree : Re: Happy Tree Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Tree
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 7 Sep 2000 21:45:54
Message: <39B84584.E868C8A@unforgettable.com>
David Fontaine wrote:

> 80:51, that's an odd ratio! Good ratio for the pic. Not quite golden,
> huh...

It's entirely accidental, actually. It's supposed to be 4:3, but memory
problems killed the render a couple of times so I had to paste together
screenshots, and then the bottom was taking SO long that I grabbed it
while it was still rendering just in case, and then I changed some
settings for the next render and then finally crashed and had to reboot,
so.. the bottom section is missing, since it was just radiosity mosaic.
(You didn't really miss anything, though.. and you know what they say
about design and taking stuff away.)

> I'm getting sick of rendering with this stupid 4:3 ratio, it's not very
> appealing, is it?

No, it's not.. but if you want to use what you make as wallpaper, you
either have to design at 4:3, or crop it later. I do kind of like the
different aspect on this one, though; I might end up rendering it at
16:9 and then letterboxing it if I need to later.

-Xplo