POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some other arnoldery : Re: Some other arnoldery Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some other arnoldery
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 7 Sep 2000 06:35:40
Message: <39B76E7E.F5991416@skynet.be>
"Tony[B]" wrote:

> Questions: 1) What are those little white boxes reflected on the spheres?

It's a white box standing in the back.  It used to serve as a virtual
arealight, and I forgot to remove it !

> 2)
> Why is it so grainy?

Postprocessed to fake the typical Arnold grain ;-)  I suspect that, in
Arnold, that dithering is not really part of the radiosity process, but
rather a trick to blend things.  And I find it looks good, after all !!
(I know some people can't stand grainyness, but I tend to like it very
 much, as I liked it in the original media !)

3) How did you come up with these little characters? :)

They come from a very old scene (1995-6 ?), which was a chess game;
these are the pieces (king, queen, rider, joker, and pawn).  I use
them sometimes, caus' they are cute...

Fabien.