POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Physically correct radiosity : Re: Physically correct radiosity Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physically correct radiosity
From: David Fontaine
Date: 5 Sep 2000 22:54:18
Message: <39B5B0FA.7E4D6774@faricy.net>
Kari Kivisalo wrote:

> Not to my surprise MP produced good images when supplied with physically
> correct data. Sun color temp. 5400K. Sky color temp. 15000K to 18000K.
> Sun/sky energy ratio 9 for clear sky. Notice the gamma 1.0 again.
> Image white point 6500K, gamma 2.2.

Yup, all sounds about right, looks fine.
Ugh, this is the problem with amateur computer graphics, all these gammas and
color temps and everyone's monitor looks different! By amateur I don't mean
lower quality, but lacking professional equipment.
BTW my display is set around 9000k for pure white I guesstimate...
Temp  R   G   B
9300  83  83  72
Mine  85  82  72
6500  91  79  61
5000 100  77  49

--
David Fontaine   <dav### [at] faricynet>   ICQ 55354965
Please visit my website:  http://davidf.faricy.net/