POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Physically correct radiosity : Physically correct radiosity Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Physically correct radiosity
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 5 Sep 2000 21:16:30
Message: <39B59C0C.214FCF2@kivisalo.net>
Source in bin.source

Not to my surprise MP produced good images when supplied with physically
correct data. Sun color temp. 5400K. Sky color temp. 15000K to 18000K.
Sun/sky energy ratio 9 for clear sky. Notice the gamma 1.0 again.
Image white point 6500K, gamma 2.2.

Because pov doesn't support compression of dynamic range I used slightly
lower diffuse values to prevent burning.

Kari Kivisalo                                          www.kivisalo.net

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'energy.jpg' (46 KB) Download 'energy2.jpg' (57 KB)

Preview of image 'energy.jpg'
energy.jpg

Preview of image 'energy2.jpg'
energy2.jpg