POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Arnold's like part 2 : Re: Arnold's like part 2 Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arnold's like part 2
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 5 Sep 2000 03:59:06
Message: <39B4A736.E81FB9C5@inapg.inra.fr>
"Tony[B]" wrote:

> > About light_groups, I'm not familiar with them but it's certainly an
> > interesting solution. My idea, though, was to keep the light from lighting
>
> I don't get it. What is it that you want and don't want the light to do?

As far as my tests go (which doesn't mean much), these "good" radiosity settings
work very well when all objects are given something like ambient 0 diffuse 1.
The problem is that the absence of highlights give all the objects the same dull
plastic look. To get those, real lights are necessary, but then I have to
balance the finishes differently to compensate for the additional lights. All
I'd need would be a light source able to create highlights without contributing
to the scene luminosity and render time. Anyway, it's just an idea, and there's
still a lot to investigate with the current settings.

G.