POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : To know yourself makes you free (57k bu) : To know yourself makes you free (57k bu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  To know yourself makes you free (57k bu)
From: Ricardo Michel
Date: 4 Sep 2000 22:09:41
Message: <39B455D3.6576F8C1@terra.com.br>
Hi, people

    This is a (mega)POV image I made for a contest here in Brazil.
    The contest was held by a satelite-TV company, DirecTV, and the
theme was "Freedom".
    Since it was not a raytrace contest (one could participate with
painting, photography, poetry, sculpture, etc) I did some 'adjustments'
in a painting program (or cheating, as some can say), to hide something
I haven't seen to the last minute and to adjust hue. In the same last
minute I got this idea of cutting off part of the image so that the
character seems to be "jumping out" of the image.
    The human model was made by Pang Sie Piau, from Singapure, used with
license. Everything else is mine. There are some 'no_image' bottles in
front of the camera, to provide more reflections to the main scene.
    The image took 43h 16min to render in a Pentium II 350MHz. Well, I
used max_trace_level 30.
    The peak memory used was 63553370 bytes.
     I didn't use photons nor radiosity, the total time would go way up
and I didn't have this time. Actually, I didn't have the time to finish
the textures the way I wanted, so the image was sent this way, but is
still being improved (not for the contest, anyway).

    Well, too much talk! Let's see the image.
    Comments (and suggestions for improvements) are welcome.

    Bye,

    Ricardo

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'conhecer a si mesmo liberta.jpg' (57 KB)

Preview of image 'conhecer a si mesmo liberta.jpg'
conhecer a si mesmo liberta.jpg