POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Solar Sail : Re: Solar Sail Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solar Sail
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 4 Sep 2000 16:29:21
Message: <39B404D2.28CCBCCA@online.no>
Simon de Vet wrote:

> Something I've been working on for the last few days.
>
> It was originally inspired by the tropical lionfish, then by insects,
> and now I've been told it looks like an umbrella. Ah well...

I like these sails very much.

How are they done ?      Isosurfaces... or ...Blobs ?

Please explain.

> The cylindrical hull is just a junk object, to give a sense of the size
> of the final hull. Most of the model is untextured.
>
> Suggestions?

Maybe you could make a cylindrical hole in the
cylindrical hull. And then maybe round off the
rims of the cylinders with some torii (?)

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html