POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Arnold's like part 2 : Re: Arnold's like part 2 Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arnold's like part 2
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 4 Sep 2000 12:45:06
Message: <39B3D0F9.57B7942A@inapg.inra.fr>
"Tony[B]" wrote:

> > One nice thing would be the possibility of having highlights without real
> > lights, something like light_source{<blah,blah,blah> color Blah
> highlights_only}.
>
> That can be done with light_groups. I used them to get highlights in my
> image. Have you done any experiments involving reflection in the finish?

I've done experiments with reflection but they're much better when a light is
involved.
About light_groups, I'm not familiar with them but it's certainly an
interesting solution. My idea, though, was to keep the light from lighting
(sounds stupid I know) so that that I don't have to play with a zillion
settings to get the object right in the cases where radiosity alone does the
job qiuckly and smoothly (as seen in my test images). For instance, I'd love to
do a street scene where the only light would be from a very white, deep cloud
layer. For the time being, though, area lights and light_groups will have to
do.

G.