POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cornell : Side-by-side comparison Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Side-by-side comparison
From: MikeH
Date: 4 Sep 2000 10:24:20
Message: <39B3B043.BED8A01C@aol.com>
> That looks far better than the BMRT render already, very smooth.  Looking
> back at the Cornell comparisons you posted before they both had the same
> mottled appearance

The BMRT version definitely has a grainy look.  The previous images were a
pretty good representation, but here they are again with much lower
compression.  The left side is POV-Ray and the right is BMRT.  In fairness to
BMRT, that version only took 4 minutes to render and the pov version in this
image took 13 minutes because I turned the count up to 400 and made the
recursion limit 5.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cornellpovbmrt.jpg' (53 KB)