POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Solar Sail : Re: Solar Sail Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solar Sail
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 4 Sep 2000 09:59:59
Message: <39B3AB20.85FEFFD1@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Simon de Vet wrote:

> Something I've been working on for the last few days.
>
> It was originally inspired by the tropical lionfish, then by insects,
> and now I've been told it looks like an umbrella. Ah well...
>
> The cylindrical hull is just a junk object, to give a sense of the size
> of the final hull. Most of the model is untextured.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Simon

I remembered having seen something similar in a star trek episode some time ago
and did some research:

http://clgray.simplenet.com/strtrk/stpics/otherstr/lightship.jpg

Not a very good picture, but i did not find anything better.  Maybe there are
some inspirations for you.

Your model seems to lack some sort of steering sail, but the detail work near
the center is really impressive.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>