POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Arnold's like part 2 : Re: Arnold's like part 2 Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arnold's like part 2
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 4 Sep 2000 09:40:05
Message: <39B3A596.CCC0D0AF@inapg.inra.fr>
"Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:

> after the experiments i did, i also believe that povray can achive 'arnold',
> however its a long painfull process to get it just right!!

Actually, the parameters recently provided by MikeH, XPlo and TonyB seem to work
in a good number of situations, and quite fast too. Here are two experiments
with no "real" light sources and a sky sphere. The orientation of the light is
given by a gradient of the sky sphere pigment, such as :
sky_sphere{pigment{gradient x poly_wave 0.5 color_map{[0 White*1.3][1
SkyColor*0.5]} translate -x*0.5 scale 2}}
I do the tests with a low count (30) and render with something like 300. Both
images took approximately 15 min on a PIII 733.

G.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'testrad9.jpg' (35 KB) Download 'testskull.jpg' (21 KB)

Preview of image 'testrad9.jpg'
testrad9.jpg

Preview of image 'testskull.jpg'
testskull.jpg