POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cornell : Re: Cornell Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cornell
From: MikeH
Date: 3 Sep 2000 11:09:42
Message: <39B26982.FA8E24BE@aol.com>
> ended up using a spotlight to simulate the cosine falloff stuff (as I
> understand it, this
> basically says that directly under the light its intensity is 100%,
> directly to the side it's 0%, and it varies in between according to a
> consine function).

Yup, that's how it's supposed to work.  I tried a spotlight and can't get it
to work very well.  It appears BMRT has the advantage of calculating true
area lights instead of just doing shadows.  I tried hacking the POV code to
produce an inverse square falloff to the lights and it appears to work, but
as you can see it's quite different from the BMRT image.  I'm still thinking
of working it in as an option for lights.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cornellpov2.jpg' (15 KB)

Preview of image 'cornellpov2.jpg'