POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : yet another bugfix version of MegaPovPlus for Linux : Re: yet another bugfix version of MegaPovPlus for Linux Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: yet another bugfix version of MegaPovPlus for Linux
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 30 Aug 2000 06:03:18
Message: <39ACDE65.E16AB122@free.fr>
> Try running ./configure --help to find a variety of elegant solutions.
> Check --prefix, --libdir, and --includedir in particular.

	This is what I did before posting:

	./configure --prefix=`pwd`

	I didn't add --libdir since I supposed (from the configure help) that
this option is only related to the "make install" procedure. Anyway all compiled
fine (so --includedir is not required), only linking failed because -lpng and
related path were missing in src/Makefile. I then decided to tweak this file as
mentionned in my previous post, did 'make' again (worked) then 'make install'
(worked perfectly too).

	Now I tried again to reinstall all on another disk location and from
a clean, just-downloaded distribution to be sure :-) As you proposed me,
I then typed:

	./configure --prefix=`pwd` --includedir=/path/to/libpng
--libdir=/path/to/libpng

	This again does not work: linking fails exactly for the same reason
than before. I don't see any other relevant option in the configure help,
but maybe I'm simply blind 8-)
	Unfortunately I may be the only one who cannot be root to install
UniMegaPovPlus on his box... At least it shows it's not so easy to manage
in this case... Waiting from another "elegant" solution ;-)

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr