POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rendering of Samurai Sword : Re: Rendering of Samurai Sword Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:28:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering of Samurai Sword
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 29 Aug 2000 21:54:06
Message: <39AC69BA.83DFD341@ij.net>
Brian & Lois Bivolcic wrote:

> Hi all,
> Dose anyone out there have a rendering  or source code for a samurai
> sword?
> Need it for a tatto image I'm working on.

	I have been wanting to do one for some time and your message reminded
me, reminded me to try a method I thought of. It is not going to work
directly for your needs. The bottom of the attached image will be the
hilt.

	It still needs a tip and the csg object should rotate a bit in
accordance with the curve. Eventually I will add the tip by
proportioning the same object. Looking at my decorative Sam sword the
tip is all "cone."

	It is memory intensive.

--
"Dissecting the Holocaust" by Germar Rudolph
Banned and burned in Germany. Read what the

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (2 KB) Download 'sword.jpg' (4 KB)

Preview of image 'sword.jpg'
sword.jpg