POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subway (WIP) (68.7 KB) : Re: Subway (WIP) (68.7 KB) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subway (WIP) (68.7 KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Aug 2000 09:21:06
Message: <39ABB8F5.1B65EC1C@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Alan Nickerson wrote:

> This morning, I took a closer look at the real tunnels and the tunnel
> lighting is wrong, the small tunnels only have lights on the 'outside'.
> You say it looks flat and your right, but the lighting in the real world of
> this isnt really very good either. Using area lights for each flourecent
> light slows things down a lot, and I'm still trying to get the textures
> right.
>
> The scene still needs the cables, pipes and wires that run through the
> tunnels.
>
> Thanks for the input.
>
> Alan

I would really suggest to try radiosity and use high ambient finish for the
light objects.  Probably render time could be even shorter than now.

Maybe have a look at warp's radiosity samples:
http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/pics/Radiosity_test/
http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/pics/Radiosity_test2/

Christoph

--