POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Please vote my next project ! : Re: Please vote my next project ! Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Please vote my next project !
From: Jens Strohmeyer
Date: 29 Aug 2000 06:52:27
Message: <39AB960F.DC2CF3B8@tu-bs.de>
J Charter wrote:

> P-38   I had I little plastic toy one from a cereal box maybe.  I used
> to build aircraft carriers from wood and launch and land the Lightning
> over a broadloom sea.  Were they carrier-based I now wonder?

No, not at all !
The P-38 Lightning was in service with the US Army Air Force.
It never operated from onboard a carrier. This is for sure.

BTW, the first twin-engined aircraft in history that got released for
carrier
operations within the US Navy was the Grumman F7F Tigercat
which is also a nice plane, though not as elegant and well-known
as the P-38 is.

Jens