POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : High resolution world-map : High resolution world-map Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:27:12 EDT (-0400)
  High resolution world-map
From: Fabien Hénon
Date: 27 Aug 2000 17:19:36
Message: <39A98641.210E1A66@club-internet.fr>
I'd like to use  the isosurface feature by using an image_map as a
'normal'  to get a height_field on a sphere.

I have been looking for 2 map of the world : One for the shape of the
oceans and continents, the other is for the function to deform the
sphere. So far no success. I got a lot of 'DEM' sites and maps with a
lot of prints on them, but none with nothing but geographical pictures
on them.

Does anyone know where I could get high resolutions maps of the pictures
I enclosed ? I got these from a CD.

Thanks

Fabien

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'monde.png' (36 KB) Download 'm_relief.png' (8 KB)

Preview of image 'monde.png'
monde.png

Preview of image 'm_relief.png'
m_relief.png