POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fantasy home theater : Re: Fantasy home theater Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:28:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fantasy home theater
From: Jérôme Berger
Date: 25 Aug 2000 04:38:00
Message: <39A63068.8F86CD01@enst.fr>
Ian Witham wrote:

> Yeah I know.. but how else can I give it that backlit look?  ambient works
> but doesn't cast a glow, so I'm still stuck!

	If by "doesn't cast a glow" you mean that it doesn't light the rest of
your scene, you should either use a higher ambient or increase the
radiosity brightness (higher ambient is the more realistic solution). If
you mean that you want a glow effect around your screen, then media is
the way to go (either scattering and media on though I don't know if it
works and in any case it'll be very slow or emitting).

--

* Doctor Jekyll had something * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* to Hyde...                  * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger