POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : R2D2 finished? : Re: R2D2 finished? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:31:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: R2D2 finished?
From: ryan constantine
Date: 23 Aug 2000 11:58:49
Message: <39A3F4B2.C7EEA0D8@yahoo.com>
plus, having watched the films another half dozen times each this year,
i can tell you that no two of any model (real or cg) were the same.  if
you compare especially the lifesize xwings with the cg xwings from
special edition, the coloring and detail is totally wrong.  the cg and
small models are all much dirtier than the lifesized versions.  also,
for r2d2, he has backwards legs sometimes and different feet.  there are
three or four variations of feet.  so, while i am done with version one
of these models, i will pursue better textures for version two down the
road.  lately i've been gleaning these newsgroups for quality (but
usually unrelated) textures that seem to incorporate a technique i have
yet to learn.