POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: F-5E Tiger II (116 kb) : Re: WIP: F-5E Tiger II (116 kb) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: F-5E Tiger II (116 kb)
From: Jens Strohmeyer
Date: 22 Aug 2000 13:28:30
Message: <39A2B862.F03AAF75@tu-bs.de>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> It get's better, even though i liked your other plane model more.

Ok, but don't forget the other plane was my own design and this
one is a just-for-fun rebuild of an existing one.
Of course I it is nice to hear that you liked my personal design more ! :o)

> The cockpit looks as if the bottom part is missing...

True, here is still work to do.
Will be a little complicated to achieve a shape similar to the original one.

> The texture could maybe become more shiny, how about some more geometric
> structures on the body/wings (like rims between different parts)

Cosmetics are for women, not for aircraft.... ;o)
No, you are right.... but this is for later.

> You should name it "fighting plane chasing lonely cylinder" or what does that
> shape in front of the plane mean? ;-)

Haha, no, this is the pitot probe for stagnation pressure measurement.
It is already there to see which dimensions the plane will finally have
when the nose area is complete.

Thx for comments !

Jens