POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Media help : Re: Media help Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media help
From: Jérôme Berger
Date: 22 Aug 2000 04:01:30
Message: <39A2335A.84D24569@enst.fr>
Kevin Jackson-Mead wrote:

> Here is a scene I'm having trouble with.  What I'm trying to do is
> create a clear light bulb with a glowing filament inside of it that
> gives off light.  As I understand it, having the emission in there
> should make it give off light.  However, unless I put in an additional
> outside light source, all I see of the scene is that emitting cylinder.
> Does it have anything to do with how I defined the light bulb?  Or is it
> the media statement? Am I missing something simple?  Or am I way off and
> have no clue?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

	Emitting media doesn't really "emit" light. All it does is glow by
itself (as if it had a high ambient). To have it really emit light, you
should use radiosity (but it will be pretty slow...)

--

* Doctor Jekyll had something * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* to Hyde...                  * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger