POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : concept to visualization II : Re: concept to visualization II Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:29:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: concept to visualization II
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 Aug 2000 04:14:02
Message: <39A0E4EC.EA4F8595@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Matt Giwer wrote:

[...]
>         If you know any programming at all this should be easy to change
> to your interests. Don't forget to post interesting things.
> Remember not to go negative or greater than 257.

you mean not greater than 255 ($ff).

>         Yes, I know, p*** poor documentation on the fly. All questions
> will be answered.

Your tga-writer seems quite ugly :-) i mostly use the following record and write
it via TFileStream (Delphi):

   T_TGA_header = packed record
    ID_size: Byte;            { ID-Field                   }
    Palette: Byte;            { 1= Palette exists          }
    Typ: Byte;                { Type (Mono, Color, compr.) }
    Pal_index: Word;
    Pal_size: Word;
    Pal_entry_size: Byte;
    Lx    : Word;
    Ly    : Word;
    cX    : Word;             { Width                      }
    cY    : Word;             { Height                     }
    Bppix : Byte;             { Bits per Pixel - 1, 8, 24  }
    Image_des: Byte;          { Image Descriptor Flag      }
   end;

Don't know where i originally got this from but it works just fine.

I don't know about Free Pascal and writing of recods, in speed pascal i used
blockwrite.

Thinking about your program I wonder what is the purpose of all this, just
visualizing randomness ?

BTW, you probably can do the same with HF-Lab, just generate a random matrix and
apply a smooth filter... wait a moment, since Chris Huff developed a noise
pigment you can even do this in good old POV.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>