POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How do you work? : Re: How do you work? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do you work?
From: John VanSickle
Date: 20 Aug 2000 16:00:03
Message: <39A0394B.EBC6EF7C@erols.com>
Wolf Manos wrote:

> I am still a little bit confused about how to get going more effective
> with povray ...
>
> is the standard/common user (does there exist something like that in
> the first place?) using povray stand-alone or does he use modelling
> software (i.e. Moray)?
>
> if using Moray: Can you(do you) use it to create the 90% scene and
> then taylor the last 10% in your own script ??
>
> do you use a painting/drawing to start out a scene ?
>
> in short: Tell me your best practices how to create a cool scene !!

I use pencil and paper to sketch things out as I design them.  Then I
hand-code scripts.  That's it.  If I'm using an image_map, I'll create
it via the most effective means (POV render or Paint Shop).

For many functions I have developed script macros that greatly simplify
things.  Some of the macros simply toss together primitives in ways that
get done alot, and others do complicated things, like plotting out the
steps taken by a character walking along a path.

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459