POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How do you work? : Re: How do you work? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do you work?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 20 Aug 2000 15:36:54
Message: <39A0337E.B65C946F@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Doug Eichenberg wrote:

> I think most people using POV-Ray have a collection of software they use.
> I use Moray for some modelling, especially for creating new textures.  I
> also use AutoCAD (a little pricey for most, I'll admit), NuGraf/PolyTrans
> (also pricey, but an excellent 3D file format converter).  Most of my scenes
> are 50% hand-coding, 50% software modelled.  Many people also use
> SPatch for modelling organic things.  I think 3DWin is used by many for
> converting between different 3D file formats.

Not to forget non-GUI programs like L-system generators and heightfield
programs.

IMO all kinds of work (hand-coding/modelling/...) have their advantages for
certain purposes.

I also often use a scanner and vectorizing programs to gather real world data.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>