POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : object oriented features : Re: object oriented features Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: object oriented features
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 19 Aug 2000 22:35:42
Message: <399f43fe$1@news.povray.org>
"Abe Heckenbach" <abe### [at] vrmlk12laus> wrote...
> If interested here are some of my thoughts on features for the pov4.0
> c++
> release:

In my opinion, you have a lot of good ideas.  In fact, many of them have
even been discussed by the POV-Team already.  Unfortunately, most of them
would be quite difficult, if not currently impossible, to implement in way
that keeps POV platform independent.  However, that doesn't mean that we
should give up on these ideas.  But for now we (the POV-Team members) need
to focus our efforts on POV 3.5.  If members of the POV community want to
research these topics and do some testing, that would be great.  When we get
to work on POV 4.0, I would be interested in knowing what you all find out.

Disclaimer: I speak for myself as a member of the POV-Team, but not on
behalf of the Team.

-Nathan Kopp