POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : projecting an image through glass [~31KB Jpg] : Re: projecting an image through glass [~31KB Jpg] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: projecting an image through glass [~31KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 Aug 2000 06:09:58
Message: <399e5cf6@news.povray.org>
"Sander" <san### [at] stolscom> wrote in message

| Not that I understand the subject of this post, Bob, but why are the
| enclosed spaces in the several characters white?

Because of a quick test image for trying this with.  I should have put the
gradient fill down first, the text went in first.  Thought that would be
fine though, until I saw the white with filter 1 made it clear, hadn't
thought of that.  Only reason it turns white again is because it's shown on
a white wall.
Understanding the subject is easy.  All I was trying to do is see how
refraction through glass would effect the light shining into it.  The
photons show it refracting in the media, but near as I can tell there isn't
any change of the actual light source rays  :-(
This leads me to believe that were I to somehow turn off the image map
itself yet leave the photons there would be a refracted projection there.
For instance, removing the white wall and shine it into media air alone.

Bob