POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Linux MegaPOV 0.5a and persistent object problems : Re: Linux MegaPOV 0.5a and persistent object problems Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux MegaPOV 0.5a and persistent object problems
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 18 Aug 2000 18:38:21
Message: <399dbadd@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Calimet" <pov### [at] freefr> wrote...
> Hi all there !
>
> I just started to try persistent objects in animations
> with MegaPOV 0.5a for Linux. AFAI understand, the purpose of
> object with defined labels is not to be destroyed from frame
> to frame. But does it mean there are not re-parsed after the
> first frame ?

They will be re-parsed (and a duplicate created) unless you make sure that
they are not.  The way you do this is to either:
1) check the "clock" variable to see if it is the first frame
2) set a persistent variable at the end of your scene (so it will get set at
the end of the first frame) and then check for it before creating those
objects.

Please be aware that there are a bugs right now with persistent objects  and
with persistent variables.  :-(

-Nathan