POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : URGENT: FRAME structure : Re: URGENT: FRAME structure Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: URGENT: FRAME structure
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 18 Aug 2000 13:38:34
Message: <399d749a@news.povray.org>
In article <399D54D3.1F785B88@pacbell.net> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
wrote:

>> I don't think any POV user would like having to write
>>
>> #if(MyObject.getLocation()=scene.getCurrentCamera().getLookAt())
>>   MyObject.setLocation(fubar)
>> #end
>
> I can confirm that for you :)

Hmm, what about a language more like an object oriented lisp. For example
(OK, not a great one):

set MyHouse to new house with 10 windows at <10,10,10>

for every window of MyHouse add new curtain with colour red 0.4 green 0.9

I am serious!  Why would an object oriented POV scene description language
have to look like C++???   Surely not just because POV-Ray uses {} and
dot-style vector attribute access?   Anybody remember DKBTrace - it used
Pascal like syntax (and there was already a skyvase.dat)!

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde