POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mountains (86.2kb bu) : Re: Mountains (86.2kb bu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mountains (86.2kb bu)
From: kevin ellis
Date: 18 Aug 2000 12:06:33
Message: <399d5f09$1@news.povray.org>
Well I did use variable reflection and the radiosity includes normal and
media clculations, checking the stats I think the main slowness is due to
the camera being inside the bounding box for the isosurface as only 2pc of
the isosurface rays intersection tests actually hit the isosurface, woops,
maybe the containing box needs optimising. Accuracy was set to 0.0001. Oh
well.......

Kev