POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Climbing up the stairway to er WIP ~83k : Re: Climbing up the stairway to er WIP ~83k Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Climbing up the stairway to er WIP ~83k
From: Peter Cracknell
Date: 18 Aug 2000 10:52:16
Message: <399d4da0$1@news.povray.org>
Its confusing, I was playing with applying textures and made a stone set of
stairs using a 800*200 greyscale image, which worked out pretty fine (esp
with radiosity for once).  I then decided to make the escalator obviously
out of metal but using the 'muck' texture map using layers so the same image
was used but a metallic finish and filtered black applied over the top to
make it darker - most of this image uses just one image - skill no pure
laziness!  I'm getting fed up with normals, I'm not much good with them and
because they're less apparent I can't stick em in green and red like
pigments for testing which shows up really well.  I wanted that rotated line
ridge to the escalator stairs but couldn't do it, but because after wasting
so much time I've got the stairs referenced I can play with one and all the
others will change for me.  I currently only do moray work - isosurfaces
confuse the hell out of me (and after reading about three tutorials).  So
everything bar the handles and centre stairs should be metal, bit more work
me thinks.