POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Whos da best? : Re: Whos da best? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Whos da best?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 18 Aug 2000 04:13:40
Message: <399cf034@news.povray.org>
"Nathan Kopp" <Nat### [at] Koppcom> wrote in message

| I also hope that at least some will go back to using
| MegaPov after an updated MegaPov is released (based on POV 3.5) so that
| various new features can continue to be put through the paces.

Good news in what you say.  Will MegaPov 1.0 be the next version number
leap?  It kind of remains unfinished until it hits a whole number, or at
least seems that way.
I thought of a great name change:  Beta-POV.  Sounds less a cousin to POV
and describes it better, if it is a test-bed anyhow.  "Mega-" seems a number
or quantity thing to me.  Or maybe Alpha-POV?  This might have already been
a couple of the naming suggestions early on too but I don't remember all
that.  I guess there could be a problem with naming it as though it were
truly a beta version which obviously it is not.
Neither POV-Ray Trace 3.5 nor Mega-POV (Beta-POV... whichever :-)) will be
set aside by me whenever they are available.  I still have 3.02 here.  Kind
of goes without saying.
Brings up the question about whether people are actually keeping the two
POV's separate in the way they consider them when asking questions.  As far
as emails to POV-Team members and such goes I'm saying.

Bob