POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Voting : Re: Voting Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:46:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Voting
From: Doug Eichenberg
Date: 17 Aug 2000 20:08:43
Message: <399c7e8b$1@news.povray.org>
> I thought surrealists like Tanguy intended to depict or represent dreams,
> mental reality?

I think what the surrealists were trying to do was present the viewer or
reader
with an image that was illogical... something to force people to think in
ways
outside of how we've been taught to think.  Dreams have always been strange
and confusing, so painters like Dali used them for inspiration.  The
emphasis,
though, was not so much on dreams as it was on subconscious or unconscious
impulses.

--
Doug Eichenberg
http://www.nls.net/douge