POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : UDO file size limits? : Re: UDO file size limits? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UDO file size limits?
From: Steve Clarke
Date: 17 Aug 2000 17:31:14
Message: <399c59a2@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message

>> What that error message usually means is that your mesh object(s)
contained
> nothing but degenerate triangles which POV-Ray will not accept. I have
> seen this in the past when using 3DWin to convert between various formats
> but only rarely.

The main clue for me is that the same object rendered with no errors when it
was exported in a smaller group of objects.  A much smaller file size.
Although I kind of wonder if my system didn't make some errors while
handling the really large export of the entire model.  It was swapping out
to disk a lot during the udo translation operation in Rhino.

-Steve