POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : UDO file size limits? : UDO file size limits? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:38:21 EDT (-0400)
  UDO file size limits?
From: Steve Clarke
Date: 17 Aug 2000 16:08:45
Message: <399c464d@news.povray.org>
List,

I'm modeling a highly detailed F1 race car in Rhino 1.1 and exporting as a
Moray udo object.  I think I have encountered some limits in file size
because of the following:
If I export the entire model as a udo and attempt to render in Moray
3.2/Povray 3.1, I will get an error like this:

error: no triangles in triangle mesh
rear_susp_object62

I was able to locate 'object62.  Knowing what the object is I went back into
Rhino and exported a smaller portion of the model which included 'object62.
This time I was able to get a render with Moray/Povray.  This leads me to
believe that I may have run into some kind of limitation for the size of the
file.  Would this be the case?  Workarounds?

Thanks, in advance,

Steve Clarke
http://www.teleport.com/~sclarke