POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Trip-let (8k) : Re: Trip-let (8k) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trip-let (8k)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 16 Aug 2000 15:05:30
Message: <399ae5fa@news.povray.org>
news:399AACEC.F4091C9C@pacbell.net...

| ryan constantine wrote:
|
| > i was under the impression that the server had been donated.
|
| The server is the private property of one of the POV-Team members.
|
| > so how many IRTC cdroms are sold?
|
| No information available.

I have all 3 anyway.

| > and what are the operating costs it pays for?
|
| The server is co-located at company which is a for
| profit business that charges its customers for the bandwidth they consume.

www.ntplx.net , as the button at the main www.povray.org page shows, Andrew
Lindh is president of Netplex.  Hope that's not classified info (j/k).
However I don't know who the person is connected with POV-Ray that runs the
site itself.  Anyway, if I'm right in following what Ken says, then there
might be a $400 per month fee involved:
http://www.ntplx.net/services/corporate.colocation.html

Bob