POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kitchen Visualization Problem : Kitchen Visualization Problem Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Kitchen Visualization Problem
From: D J  Brown
Date: 16 Aug 2000 10:30:18
Message: <399aa57a@news.povray.org>
Hey All,

I tried rendering my kitchen visualization with some really neat-o radiosity
settings, but all my bump maps got completely washed out. Is there a way in
POV-Ray or MegaPov to use my map to modify the actual geometry and not just
the normals? Height-fields would do it, I suppose, but I like the repeating
pattern of bump-maps. I was reading something about isosurfaces and
bump-maps in earlier threads, but I don't know how isosurfaces work; anyone
know a good explanation or tutorial?

Thanks,
D.J.