POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPatch and WIN98 lockups : Re: MegaPatch and WIN98 lockups Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:14:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPatch and WIN98 lockups
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 16 Aug 2000 04:28:06
Message: <399a5096@news.povray.org>
GrimDude wrote in message <399a40db@news.povray.org>...

>I will say that using MP0.5 on a Win95 machine is a big mistake. There is
>some difference between 98 and 95 that should have gotten more praise. I
>don't know what it is, but there seems to be a problem in recovering
>resources?

I've been using Mega since it came out (and super before that) on a Win95
OEM 2 and I've never had pov freezing. Haven't had a bluescreen since
the last reinstall (touch wood). (Last install due to HD crash)

My win98 machine at work however is a different story, crashes all the
time and generally has to be rebooted every 4-5 hours

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * Reality.dat not found         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Attempting to reboot universe *
* The best way to accelerate Windows NT is at 9.8 m/s^2      *