POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : URGENT: FRAME structure : Re: URGENT: FRAME structure Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: URGENT: FRAME structure
From: Mikael Carneholm
Date: 20 Aug 2000 09:58:15
Message: <399FE3F5.A96D722F@ida.utb.hb.se>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> I am serious!  Why would an object oriented POV scene description language
> have to look like C++???   Surely not just because POV-Ray uses {} and
> dot-style vector attribute access?   Anybody remember DKBTrace - it used
> Pascal like syntax (and there was already a skyvase.dat)!

There's really nothing wrong with the current POV-Script syntax - all it needs
is some modifications to make it a (somewhat) fully object oriented language.
We should not change the language into something completely different, just
add some new features - like it was when file I/O was introduced in v3.1.

Just my 0,18 SKr.. (that's the value of $0.02, in swedish crowns!) :)

Mikael Carneholm, B.Sc.
Dep. of Computer Science and Business Administration

Personal homepage:
http://www.studenter.hb.se/~arch
E-mail:
sa9### [at] idautbhbse